Register for training including site visits to quality supportive housing to learn, network, share, and strengthen your supportive housing!
October 18 – 21, 2016 in Chicago, IL
The Supportive Housing Academy provides intensive training on creating new supportive housing and improving the quality of existing supportive housing. Participants will learn about financing, development partnerships, policy and service design.
The goals of the Supportive Housing Academy include:
- Identifying building blocks of sound projects positioned to access public and private dollars;
- Creating solid project partnerships with staying power, emphasizing skills needed to develop and operate supportive housing;
- Increasing the number of supportive housing units effectively serving individuals and families;
- Developing an array of housing options, including new construction or rehabilitation of single-site, mixed-affordability, and scattered site models.
The Supportive Housing Academy curriculum is designed for supportive service providers, property managers, developers, and supportive housing champions in Illinois. We also welcome participation from providers located outside of the state of Illinois.
To encourage team participation, if you purchase training for two staff members a third registration of equal value will be included for free.
Choose one of the following three options:
Best Value! Both the Illinois Supportive Housing Academy and Site Visit $225
Supportive Housing Academy Training $200 – 3 Full Days of Training with Box Lunches each day
Supportive Housing Site Visit Only $50 – Bus Tour of 3 Supportive Housing Sites with Discussion
- Please note that participants can request follow up technical assistance.
Paying By Check
The current payment system only accepts credit card. If you do not have access to a credit card or just prefer paying by check, please enter the code PAYBYCHECK and we will send you an invoice.
Registering a Group
Our system currently requires each attendee to create an individual registration, and does not allow batch registration and purchasing. This is because each registrant must have their own account to be able to access important training materials, complete evaluations and print certificates. However, a registration can be created on behalf of another person. We understand that entering multiple registrants and payments this way adds a bit to your work, and for that we apologize! We are looking for a better way moving forward in this new system.
Creating An Account
1. Go to www.csh.org/training and click on the Create an Account Button
2. Answer the questions for the person you are registering, and then click Next
3. Assign a password and be sure to write it down
To add items to your cart:
1. In the search bar located in the upper right hand side, type “Illinois” and click enter.
2. Click on the title of the item you wish to purchase.
3. Under session details, click “Add to Cart”
4. Follow the instructions to complete the check-out process.
If you have any questions or need any support with the registration process, please contact Kathie Vida at 810-229-7712 ext. 21 or Kathie.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academy is sponsored by the Illinois Department of Mental Health